Add new comment

Windows XP MCE
I had to install and ran “zadig_xp_2.1.0.exe” V 2.1.0.658 for your program to detect the USB dongle.

RTLSDR Scanner
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner

After starting the program, the Starting prompt in the lower left corner of the display says:
Error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Windows 7
I had to install and ran “zadig_2.1.0.exe” V 2.1.0.658 for your program to detect the USB dongle.

RTLSDR Scanner
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Exact sample rate is: 2000000.052982 Hz
rtlsdr_demod_write_reg failed with -9
r82xx_write: i2c wr failed=-9 reg=06 len=1

The Starting prompt in the lower left corner of the display just continuously says “Starting”.
If I click the Stop button the top banner says “RTLSDR Scanner (Not Responding)”.

Al,

I received my tuner yesterday afternoon. I couldn’t get anything to happen when I plugged it into the computer under either Win 7 or XP. I discovered I had to install zadig for RTLSDR Scanner to recognize the tuner. I have reimaged WIN XP several times and tried different install approaches. The one outlined below shows the most promise. I hope I’m not overlooking something obvious. I have the supplied antenna hooked up but have also used the input from my 10 element Yagi and verified numerous channels are present.

Fresh install of Windows XP MCE w/all updates through 19 Feb. 2014.
Inserted DVB-T dongle and closed new hardware found pop-up.
Ran “zadig_xp_2.1.0.exe” V 2.1.0.658” for “Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)”
Driver WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) installed successfully.
Ran “rtlsdr_scanner-setup-win32.exe” script. After it installed I ran “Setup” from the Start>All Programs>RTLSDR Scanner program group. On reboot Windows XP found and installed the driver for “Bulk-In, Interface (Interface 0)”
File>Scan Properties showed Unknown in all fields except the description field.
The RTLSDR Scanner Command prompt that opened said “Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner”
Edit>Preferences showed a black dot under “Select”, Generic RTL2832U OEM under “Device”, Unknown under “Tuner”, 00000001 under “Serial Number”, 0.0 under “Gain (dB)”, 0.000 under “Calibration (ppm)” and 0.000 under “LO (MHz)”. Advanced was blank.
As soon as I started a scan I got a long list of “failed with -99” messages.
The second time I attempted a scan the scan properties Scan area filled in with:
Description: Blank
Start: 87
Stop: 108
Dwell: 0.1
FFT Size: 1024
First Scan: Unknown
Last Scan: Unknown
Latitude: Unknown
Longitude: Unknown

The Device area filled in with:
Name: Generic RTL2832U OEM
Tuner: Rafael Micro R820T
Gain: 0.0
LO: 0.0
Calibration: 0.0
But no signals were displayed.

The RTLSDR Scanner Command prompt window displayed a whole series of failed with -99 error messages.
rtlsdr_demod_read_reg failed with -99
r82xx_write: i2c wr failed=-99 reg=17 len=1
R82xx_set_freq: failed -99
rtlsdr_demod_write_reg failed with -99

I also get “Program not responding” when I attempt to close it.